Covenant Presbyterian Preschool and Child’s Day Out is licensed by the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services. Our half-day program is supported by a community of parents, teachers and children working together to provide high-quality experiential learning in a Christian environment. We aim to assure exceptional school beginnings in a caring environment to enable children to develop spiritually, socially, physically and intellectually. If you would like to learn more about our school, contact us at (512) 454-8370 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We are located on the second and third floors of Covenant’s Fellowship and Education Building. The preschool office is Room 305.
Our objectives are
- To create a happy and secure environment.
- To increase self-esteem.
- To help children learn of God’s love.
- To provide experiences to increase physical ability.
- To teach children socialization skills.
- To encourage mental growth by establishing a sequence of learning to prepare for grade school.
- To provide experiences for creativity in art and music.
- To develop children in all areas by providing a pressure-free environment.
We provide each child opportunities for personal growth through group involvement, creative activities, problem solving, self-control and acceptance of responsibility. Circle time activities, stories, games and conversational exercises provide opportunities for interaction among the children in a large group setting.
Teachers develop their curriculum by themes/units of study that include discovery activities, art projects, language games, Christian values, spiritual growth, and gross and fine motor skill activities:
- Home living — dramatic play and cooking activities
- Block — building and transportation
- Book — quiet area for individual use
- Art — various art media; easel
- Discovery — science activities
- Manipulative — games; eye-hand coordination; fine motor skills
In addition, our fours and fives classes use the “Get Set for School” curriculum (a.k.a. Handwriting Without Tears) endorsed by both Austin and Eanes school districts. Group time depends on the study unit and includes stories, music, games and conversation. Through group time, children interact in large group settings.
The staff at Covenant Presbyterian Preschool and Child’s Day Out believes in a caring, loving atmosphere where children are nurtured to develop their positive self-image. When it is necessary to use effective guidance we:
- Use guidelines that are simple and positive.
- Express open communication.
- Remain constant and loving.
- Redirect children to appropriate behavior.
We are very proud of our Preschool and Child’s Day Out teachers. All teachers in our program have college degrees in elementary education or child development, or have equivalent training and experience with preschool children. Our staff members are certified in CPR and first aid. Each teacher takes at least 24 hours of additional study in early childhood development each year. The preschool director takes 30 hours. All staff also receive annual training in child abuse and neglect prevention.
Laura Hargrave, Director
3003 Northland Dr.
Austin, TX 78757
The Covenant Presbyterian Preschool and Child’s Day Out programs are located on the third floor of the Fellowship and Education Building. For information on finding your way to the preschool, visit the maps and directions page.