Covenant leaders and staff members seek volunteers throughout the year to help prepare for and manage classes, services, events and camps, as well as perform various tasks that include facilities and equipment maintenance, writing and editing, database management, audio/visual support, website management, and much more. Volunteering at Covenant is a great way to help out without a significant commitment; some opportunities require as little as 30 minutes of your time.
- Around Campus
- Contemporary Service
- Children’s Ministry
- Worship Inventory
- Welcome Team
- Patio Greeters
- Wrecking Crew
Our staff does numerous office tasks that can be done during the week and require little time. If you would like to help with the following tasks, contact the church office at (512) 454-5231. These tasks include:
- Writing and editing for our newsletters and other publications
- Helping with database management
- Providing audio/visual support
Our Contemporary Service has numerous volunteer opportunities that can be filled right at the service and take little of your time. To help with any of the following tasks, contact Derek Nafe at email@example.com.
- Prayer team: Pray with members of the congregation requesting prayer after the service
- Greeter/usher team: Greet people at the door, offer handouts and help during offering
- Call to worship/announcements: Lead the congregation in weekly call to worship from the stage, communicate church announcements
- Technical team: Assist with sound, lighting, media, video, and stage management
- Contemporary choir: Sing in a vocal ensemble for special events
- Handouts: Compile, compose, edit, print, and fold weekly handouts
Covenant’s Children and Preteen Ministry programs often need volunteers. To help in this area, please contact Ashley Ellison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Preschool Sunday School: Volunteer to teach Sunday School classes for two-, three- or four-year-olds at 9:30 a.m.
- VBS coordinator and assistant coordinator: Covenant’s Vacation Bible School will be led by lay leaders this year. Please contact Stacey Grooms about being part of this effort.
- Upward Leadership Team Member: Every Saturday in January and February, about 200 kids play basketball games in our gym. We need volunteers for our Upward Leadership team. We are looking for an Upward co-Director and a coach mentor. Please contact email@example.com if you are interested in helping.
We have several tasks for volunteers to help within the Sanctuary, and on Sunday mornings helping folks to find where they need to be. To help with these tasks, contact Maureen Crawley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Check stock and refill Sanctuary friendship registers if necessary
- Replace and sharpen pencils in chair holders
- Ensure that Bibles and hymnals are in place.
- Recruit/contact new members interested in being on the welcome team
- Contact/communicate with welcome team on sign up/calendar/schedule.
- Make a quarterly request for team to sign up to serve.
- Laminate nametags
Contact Amy Skaggs at email@example.com if you would like to help out.
A morning smile and “welcome” tells much about being an active, hospitable, approachable and friendly church. And we have an easy, fun service project that only requires 25 minutes of your time between church services.
- Patio greeters are men, women, older youth, young adults, older adults and seniors who greet folks on the patio on a regular basis, or as often or seldom as you wish.
- Patio greeter assistants welcome our visitors on a deeper level by being available to talk with visitors and offer to sit with them during the church service.
Contact Amy Skaggs at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to help out on the patio.
Wrecking Crew is a group of men who work at the church every Friday morning. This work consists of minor electrical, plumbing and carpentry projects, changing light bulbs and anything requested by preschool teachers and church staff. Anyone interested in this rewarding activity will be welcome any Friday morning. We meet in the Covenant Hall foyer at 8 a.m. For more information, contact Darleen Kleinhenz at email@example.com or (512) 454-3027.