Student Leadership 2017
Who is it for: Incoming high school sophomores, juniors and seniors
What is it? Student Leadership is about two main things, learning what it means to serve in the way we are called by God and growing in our daily relationship with Christ. Choosing to be a student leader means that you desire those two things, to serve and to walk with God in a closer way.
What’s the commitment? By serving as a student leader you are committing to the following things:
- Being present at Student Leadership Meetings from 5:30-6:30 before High School Summer Nights
- We will be going through the Gospel of John together. What better place to learn about servant leadership than from the source?!
- Serving at three Middle School pool parties throughout the summer
- These are some of the most fun nights you’ll ever have and are a great way to serve our middle school students.
- We will rotate spots throughout the summer, but the goal is that everyone would serve three times.
- Striving to spend daily time with God
- We will memorize six Bible verses together (one for each week).
- Being open to accountability and growth
- A big part of being a leader means that we open ourselves to humbly listen to and grow from the input of others.
Throughout the summer, we will all strive to be open and honest in order to better learn about ourselves and hold one another accountable. We understand that things come up, but please do your best to attend what you are committing to.
- Leadership meetings (Sundays 5:30-6:30 p.m.): June 4, 11 and 25; July 2, 16 and 23
- Pool parties (Wednesdays 6:30-8 p.m.): June 7, 15 and 28; July 5 and 19
What now? Think and pray about this opportunity. If you feel led to join us this summer, come to the first meeting on May 28th, 12:30-1:30 p.m. in FE 400. We will feed you! Hope to see you there!