Congregation Care Offerings Starting in September
Covenant’s Congregational Care team offers care and support to members and friends in several ways. The group will kick off three classes and/or groups in September.
- Career Transitions will be offered on Thursdays from 7 to 8:30 p.m. from Sept. 7 to Oct. 5.
- Career Transitions is a five-week program for those seeking new jobs. The curriculum takes participants through a new stand-alone topic during each class. Topics have included LinkedIn tips, resume and interview pointers, managing the emotional impact of career transitions, social media and networking. Participants are invited to attend one or all of the sessions. Each week is a working session to build skills and create a plan of action. The Christ-centered program enables those involved to gain confidence and strength from the foundation of faith.
- Fall 2017 Career Transitions topics and presenters
- Healthy Boundaries, a new class, is being offered Mondays from 6:30 to 8 p.m., from Sept. 11 to Oct. 9.
- Healthy Boundaries will study the need to protect ourselves and others from emotional harm. The group will discuss how to establish healthy psychological boundaries. The primary resource will be “Boundaries: When to Say Yes, When to Say No” by Henry Cloud and John Townsend. The group will meet on Mondays from 6:30 to 8 p.m. beginning Sept. 11. To register (there is a 12-person limit) or to get more information, contact Donald Zappone at email@example.com.
- Walking the Mourner’s Path starts at 6:30 on Thursday, Sept. 28 and will run until Nov. 16
- Walking the Mourner’s Path is a Christ-centered, spiritually-directed grief support group for those who are mourning the death of a loved one and are experiencing the pain of grief. Group members become aware of God’s presence and healing comfort as they share their own stories with each other. Participants learn ways to honor loved ones, seek spiritual direction and discover Christ’s promise of comfort as they move forward. Walking the Mourner’s Path is not a psychologically-based therapy group. Two trained group leaders and a Covenant pastor serve as facilitators.
For more information on any of these, contact Kay Austin.